On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Ville M. Vainio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why not have one command to combine all of these, which would select
> the right command based on the headline of the current node (@shadow,
> @auto...)
>
> More importantly, this command should be available as keyboard
> shortcut by default. read-at-shadow-nodes is way too painful to invoke
> currently, and for large projects invoking it at root @path nodes is
> not practical.

Ok, the previous statement betrays my absolute ignorance of how
@shadow works (I just started playing with it).

My planned usage pattern, and the resulting problem is this:

- I go no a "root" directory of some kind, and do %lshadow there (thus
creating a potentially huge @path tree of @shadow nodes).
- I really don't want them all to be imported when I reopen the .leo
file! I only want the nodes I've explicitly requested to be "read in"
to be opened.

I suppose there are a few ways to do this, but this seems simple:

- have %lshadow not create @shadow nodes, but something like @@shadow
that you rename manually
- Implement "uncomment-headline" command (with keyboard shortcut) that
changes @@ to @

I can easily do this in ileo (so that doing push-to-ipython (alt+I) on
@@shadow renames it to @shadow and does read-at-shadow-nodes), but
this problem / usage pattern might be of more general interest as well
(and clearly has nothing to do with ipython - I just like to think of
alt+I as "activate" command of sorts, that does the most sensible
thing on the current item - and I don't need to configure anything on
the leo side to use it ;-).