On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Edward K. Ream <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tab completion is complex.  See leoPy.leo, the class:
>
> Code-->Gui Base classes-->@thin leoKeys.py-->class autoCompleterClass
>
> In particular, see the helper methods, doTabCompletion, doBackspace
> and computeCompletionList.  These are wildly complicated, and depend
> on lots of arcane ivars.

I guessed as much. Would it make sense to expose some kind of "simple"
api for stuff like this? In ipython, we abstracted various things to
ipapi that can be used to extend ipython. I think this would be a boon
to leo as well (and especially ileo, since completion there does not
require "analysis" of any kind).

As I said, all I need would be is for leo to call callback/hook with
signature like

def complete(line-up-to-cursor, current_node) => list of strings

This should make writing leo's own completers easier as well (it
doesn't need to be "hard wired" to leo core).