On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Terry Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On one of the systems installing matplotlib had no adverse impact, on
> the other the whole python / tk / blah / blah stack is broken.  python
> 2.4 as well as 2.5.  Very irritating.  It will be nice when the gtk gui
> is ready ;-)

Actually, I'm more surprised that meddling with python 2.5 didn't
screw up both of your systems (which is what I recall speculating
earlier). I think that if you build your own python, you should not
set it up as system default python... this is why it's safer to run
leo + new tk with freshly compiled python 2.6, and not set python2.6
up to be run with 'python' command.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio