On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Edward K. Ream <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The initial load of LeoPyRef takes a long time, presumably because it
> is going through the entire startup process and loading derived files.
>  You must have measured the actual creation of the tree in some other
> way.

Yes, I removed tree creation separately.

>> - with all nodes expanded, collapsing was fast but re-expanding took a while.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Expanding and collapsing nodes by
> hand looks instantaneous to me also.

If you expandall, then close a node with large subtree, then expand it
again, you'll see this.

> What are your plans for further work?

I did key event capturing. Needless to say, it works like a charm. Do
bzr pull and try entering some chars on text editor or tree, and
observe the console. You'll see stuff like:

Keypress: [ Alt+Ctrl+Shift+I ]   <PyQt4.Qsci.QsciScintilla object at
0x8b2a02c> 73 <PyQt4.QtCore.KeyboardModifiers object at 0x9fab62c>
Keypress: [ Alt+<unknown> ]  <PyQt4.QtGui.QTreeWidget object at
0x8afbeec> 16777251 <PyQt4.QtCore.KeyboardModifiers object at
0x9fab62c>
Keypress: [ Alt+<unknown> ]  <PyQt4.QtGui.QTreeWidget object at
0x8afbeec> 16777252 <PyQt4.QtCore.KeyboardModifiers object at
0x9fab62c>
Keypress: [ Alt+Ctrl+G ]  <PyQt4.QtGui.QTreeWidget object at
0x8afbeec> 71 <PyQt4.QtCore.KeyboardModifiers object at 0x9fab62c>

That is, you can get all the info from characters and the place it came from.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio