On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 5:59 AM, Edward K. Ream <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> recent qleolite code.  I tested this with test.leo.  To enable the
> plugin, uncomment the line # qtGui.py in the @enabled-plugins node in
> test.leo.

Does not work for me: I get

@enabled-plugins found in leoSettings.leo
can not load enabled plugin: qtGui

> c.frame.tree.redraw_now calls  c.frame.top.populate_tree, i.e.,
> Window.populate_tree and all pretty much works as before.  The Window
> class must eventually migrate to the other gui classes.

This will be pretty slow (though it's probably too early to optimize
it). It may be worthwhile to really provide methods to set node /
subtree "dirty", so only that part of the tree would need to be
regenerated. Moreover, if clones are detected, the subtrees of all the
clones would need to be recreated as well.

> I actually have not looked closely at class Ui_MainWindow.  Apparently
> it comes from the gui designer.  Eventually I will probably have to
> shuffle the code to other classes, or at the very least assign
> "official" ivars like c.frame, c.frame.tree, c.frame.body to entities
> created in the Ui_MainWindow class.

Actually, it would best be left alone, and in its own file so it can
be re-created by the GUI designer (this will probably need a rename).

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio