> I'm not sure about this.  Let me mull it over awhile...

I'm interested in giving the newbie a mental model that informs them
how Leo works.  Here is another attempt at it:

In brief: When we clone a node, we are, metaphorically, providing more
"doors" to that node so that it can be put in many different places in
an outline.  The path to each door follows the path you would take in
the outline to get to each instance of the clone.  As there is only
one node, (with many 'doors' to it), changes to its headline, body, or
even its children, are instantly reflected everywhere the clone is
placed.

Tom