I heard it so often that I can't really get it how one could not get
it, although it took me myself a while to appreciate the problem.

On Oct 5, 11:49 am, "Ville M. Vainio" <vivai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I may be autistic or something, but I still don't get it.
>
> (Unless the game has a rule where Monty Hall would open both doors if
> car was not behind any of them).

You pick a door. Two possibilities:

1. (p = 2/3) You picked a goat door. Monty Hall opens the other goat
door. By switching, you pick the third door, which is the car door.
2. (p = 1/3) You picked the car door. Monty Hall opens one of the two
goat doors. By switching, you pick the third door, which is the other
goat door.