I've been coming across a few anomalies lately, but haven't reported them
since I've held off updating since mid-January or so, due to the major
reworking going on lately and their attendant cautionary postings here, and
the fact that my issues may well have been fixed in the meantime.

Would it be possible to get things to the point where things would be
suitable for a "formal" release being available for download by
conservative user-only types?

Otherwise I'll just wait until I haven't seen any bug-type discussions for
a few days and just pull bzr and cross my fingers. . .