Qml version was the one I got done quickly, since it has better layout
mechanism. If we come up with qwidget way, let's use that :). I tried
to find one, but didn't

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Terry Brown
Sent: 4/27/2012 5:55 PM
To: leo-editor@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: QML notebook - phase zero - toy ui ;-)
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 00:47:05 +0300
"Ville M. Vainio" <vivai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I now created a toy UI demo for how "cell" based leo (like ipython
> notebook) could operate.
>
> It's probably the first stab at using QML to solve a problem in Leo.
> It doesnt' run from leo yet (it's not a plugin, more protoing needed
> before it's worthwhile to make it a plugin.
>
> When you add and delete text, the cells resize naturally.
>
> To try it, launch the launchqmlnb.py script that I pushed to bzr.

Played with it.  I guess the next step would be demo of python handling
events from the QML UI elements, and of python finding and manipulating
the QML UI elements.

I'm wondering about the advantages of this approach over the "regular"
QWidget approach.  QML is perhaps a more terse and elegant language for
defining a UI, and it has scripting of UI behavior in javascript.  And
perhaps it has a more tablet friendly widget set?

But I wonder what it lets you do that you can't do with the QWidget
stack, given that mixing the two seems to mean that Leo is using two
GUI systems - they may be very tightly integrated, but mind-space wise
it's two complex systems instead of one.

Which isn't a reason not to use QML, just wondering if it has
advantages I'm missing.