Take a look at jinjarender for an example how it could behave.
Basically it's @nosent like one directional rendering. Valuespace
plugin is used as input source

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Edward K. Ream
Sent: 5/25/2012 4:12 PM
To: leo-editor
Subject: Should Leo support a standard template tool?
About a year ago at the Ashland sprint Kent (iirc) made the following
suggestion: solid, simple implementation of one of the standard
template engines providing intuitive template nodes, variable
definitions, and rendering options.

This is moving up the to-do list and yesterday's docstring hack
brought this item to mind.

My question is, how would this work in Leo? Presumably, this can be
done by creating template-oriented commands.

Your comments and suggestions, please, Amigos.

Edward

P.S. Templates must have exactly *zero* impact on the code that reads
and writes either .leo files or external files.  I shall reject any
scheme for integrating templates into Leo's read/write code. Don't
even think about trying to change my mind about this.  Experience with
earlier versions of Leo convinced me that avoiding noweb escape
sequences was essential.  I have never regretted that choice.

EKR