Also, once I can dedicate some time on the qml notebook stuff (summer
holiday on July?), we get something akin to light table

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Kent Tenney
Sent: 6/3/2012 3:02 PM
To: leo-editor@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: W00t
On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There's a video demo of light table + python at
>> http://www.chris-granger.com/2012/05/21/the-future-is-specific/
>> (3rd example)
>
> I don't see any video.  Just screen shots.
>
> QQQ
> In traditional web-MVC, the code necessary to serve a single route is
> spread across many files in many different folders. In a normal editor
> this means you need to do a lot of context switching to get a sense
> for everything going on. Instead, this mode replaces the file picker
> with a route picker, as routes seem like the best logical unit for a
> website. When you click on one of these, you're given boxes with all
> of the code related to serving that route - even going so far as to
> figure out what templates you referenced and getting the subtemplates
> out of those. This means you have a single context in which you are
> able to understand the entirety of the code necessary to serve that
> page.
> QQQ
>
> This is exactly why I use clones to create views.

For me, there's a big difference between adjacency of node headlines
and adjacent body editors.

Clones allow creating a list of nodes drawn from hither
and yon, but they live in a list I must select from.
Light Table puts the collection into multiple editing windows.

I benefit much more from side-by-side multiples than
one-at-a-time multiples,

That's why I am looking forward to persistent extra editor panes.

Thanks,
Kent