I would prefer if the @url created when a binary file (PDF) is dragged into
Leo would be a *relative* one,
e.g. if I drag a file foo.pdf, which sits in the same directory as the Leo
file into Leo, then I would expect to end up with a headline like:
@url foo.pdf, and not as it is now: @url file:///home/.../foo.pdf.

I would even expect this to be @url ../foo.pdf if the PDF sits in the
parent directory or @url ../sibling/foo.pdf if it sits in the sibling
directory etc.
Python (os.path) has facilities to build relative paths, so most of the
logic for this is already there.

The advantage of a relative path is: I can then move the whole directory
tree including Leo file and referenced files and the links still work, and
I can share both Leo and referenced files via SVN or similar, since my
co-workers are likely to have different absolute paths then I.

In some cases an absolute path is needed, though - so I would suggest to
create one by ctrl-dragging or alt-dragging or so.

- Josef