if you start Leo (or any .py file) by double-clicking on it it's likely
`pythonw.exe` is being used. You can find out for sure with `assoc` and
`ftype` from a command shell:

{{{
C:\>assoc .py
.py=Python.File

C:\>ftype Python.File
Python.File="E:\Python27\ArcGIS10.1\pythonw.exe" "%1" %*

C:\>assoc .leo
.leo=LeoFile

C:\>ftype LeoFile
LeoFile=b:\bin\leo.bat "%1"