On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Terry Brown <terry_n_br...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 07:09:26 -0500

Ah, makes sense now you point it out - tricky.  Explicit filename's ok

for saveAs, a more general solution is hard to imagine.

I agree. Even if a more general solution existed, explicit is usually
preferable to implicit--explicit file names given to functions and methods
are the simplest thing that could possibly work in a scripting environment
such as leoBridge.

> how many cases are we really talking about?

Heh.  Roughly the commands for which the menu should have ... :-)  That
is, all commands that bring up a user dialog.  Read/Write commands,
import/export commands, compare-leo-file, that sort of thing.

All this is a pretty low priority now.  I wonder how many people actually
use the leoBridge?

EKR