Consider that Leo is actively developed, and has a responsive community.

When I requested the support for Rich Text, a couple of months ago, it was
promptly implemented in a matter of days.

As for the power, of course Leo can do whatever other PIMs can do, because
it is extensible by Python.
The question is whether enough people are interested in Leo as a PIM, so as
to have enough user contributions.
I am still at the beginning, so I have no idea how difficult it may be,
technically, to impement all the PIM features that we need. But if we
succeed in getting enough people interested, I am sure that nothing is
beyond our reach.

As far as PIM features go the next step, I believe, is implementing a good
tagging system.