On 10/2/2013 5:03 PM, Terry Brown wrote:
todo.py changes

My personal practice has been to misuse the due date field as "the
date on which I will next work on this item".  Dumb.  So I'm adding
a next work date field.

There's a control for changing the due date (currently) +/-
relative to its self or today's date, so you can quickly set it to
tomorrow (+1), next week (+7), etc.  I think this control should
act on the next work date instead of the due date, due dates
shouldn't change that much, whereas of course the next work date
can change dozens of times over an items lifespan.

Opinions, todo.py users?  The due date field remains there, it just
loses the quick relative change control, which I think never made sense
for a due date and was only there because I kept misusing it as a next
work date.  If this change messes up anyone's workflow let me know and
I'll think about how to make it configurable.

This change is in the debugging stage, may get pushed today.

Other things to do for todo :-) :

  - make todo items act as calendar items as well, set off an alarm, etc.
  - handle repeating events
  - fix the py2/3 incompatibility, or at least set up migration

But only the new next work date field and re-targeting of the relative
date control are actually happening at the moment.

Cheers -Terry

I do the same as you, re: duedate as next-work date.

I agree the change is valid... duedate shouldn't change.

I'd suggest using next-work-date to determine the color of the calendar icon, rather than due date. Though, there should be a fallback such that if the duedate is closer in time than the next-work-date, it should use duedate for the calendar color instead. In fact, rather than suggest, I pretty much require this. Those colored calendar icons really help me prioritize what I need to do TODAY.

Thanks for your work!
-->Jake