On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, there is always a workaround to problems with refresh-from-disk.
> Simply save the .leo file and reload.  The save will be safe for never-read
> @<file> nodes, provided that you say "no" when asked whether you want to
> overwrite the existing file!

Unfortunately, I have more than once or twice nuked an external file by
answering "yes" by mistake. It usually happens when I've added a few new
files in one session and have lost track of which is which.

My response has been to take it as a reinforcing lesson to be more rigorous
in using source code control and backups.

The only interface improvement I can think of which would help resolve this
situation (and a number of other scenarios too I think) would be to show a
unified or side by side diff of the file on disk and the leo node in
memory.

Such a feature would be tres cool, but likely involve a fair bit of work
which I'd be suggesting someone else do, which is why I've not mentioned it
yet. ;-)

-matt