On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:10:29 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> As you can see, k.getVimArg knows nothing about vim commands. It calls
> vr.exec_ if vr.scan says that the minibuffer contains a complete vim
> command.

I forgot to mention that yesterday's work included very thorough unit tests
in @test vr.scan. This test is a crucial part of the entire vim emulation
project.

Indeed, vr.scan and its helpers are the most complex part of the entire
project! The complexity is inherent in allowing the user to specify vim
keystrokes using @data settings.

@test vr.scan is flexible: if scanning problems are found the offending key
sequences can easily be added.

EKR