Edward, first step for that would indeed fix the Leo gui responsiveness bug
we talked about:

When a script is executing in any open Leo, all the open Leo windows shared
from that GUI will be irresponsive, so a command could do nothing since it
would make Leo irresponsive, and the user wouldnt be able to edit the
realtime code.

I think this has to do with threading, but know no more about that. An easy
test is to make a script time.sleep(60)
Until 1 min goes by, you wont be able to use Leo, not any of the open files
there.

That is, if you werent kidding about "execute-script-continuously" =)