On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 09:40:36 -0500
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Kent Tenney <kten...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > how about mentioning setup.py in the installation instructions?
>
> If people actually read those instructions they wouldn't be executing
> setup.py ;-)

It seems to me that a top level setup.py is normal for python and
moving it would break pip, which is not desirable.

If the confusion occurs when people do

  python setup.py install

is it possible to tweak setup.py to just print

  Please see http://leoeditor.com/installing.html

when run as above?

Not sure if that would mean having the code determine whether it's
being invoked from pip or not and do something different when it is,
but if it's easy to do, that seems like the least degrading solution :-)

Cheers -Terry