On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 08:37:25 -0700 (PDT)
john lunzer <lun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I save a Leo outline all of my icons disappear? The next
> headline update will restore them. Anyone seeing similar behavior?

No, although I can see how that could happen.  The visual-declutter
code clears all the icons it inserted based on rules before the save,
so that you're not left with a file riddled with "virtual" icons mixed
with icons you may have added manually yourself and want to keep.  I.e.
if you disable the declutter code, all it's icons should disappear.  You
would think it would need to put them back after the save, but I'm not
seeing them disappear.

Hmm, so based on the code I would expect the problem you report,
because of
leo-editor/leo/core/LeoPy.leo#Code-->Qt gui-->@file
../plugins/qt_tree.py-->qtree.Drawing-->qtree.full_redraw &
helpers-->qtree.clear_visual_icons

But I don't see the problem.  The solution would be to add
  self.declutter_update = True
to the above clear_visual_icons() - can you try that and see if the
problem goes away?

Cheers -Terry