Hi Rob,

I use markdown (and also coded up the initial markdown support in Leo!) because I'm used to it. It's a much simpler (IMO) language to work with than RST for my needs. Plus, it's basically muscle memory for me.

As for the comments thing -- markdown doesn't actually have comment syntax! The entirety of a markdown file is supposed to be human readable /content/. The workaround is using HTML comments, because the markdown spec states that a markdown parser shouldn't manipulate any elements that it can't identify, instead passing them verbatim to the finished document.

Here's the markdown spec if you're curious: https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

-->Jake