On Tue, 17 May 2016 12:50:32 -0500
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ​Many thanks, Terry, for this work.  I'm sure it will be useful.  It's
> already provocative. Several comments:
>
> ​1.The program will crash with Python 3, which is where I spend most
> of my time these days.  Various types no longer exist in Python 3:

I should try using that at home, not an option at work.

>  File "...\leo-editor\leo\test\scriptFile.py", line 112, in <module>
> AttributeError: module 'types' has no attribute 'ClassType'
>
> ​2.I also got this crash:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\leo.repo\leo-editor\leo\test\scriptFile.py", line 63, in
> show_obj if not seen_already(tnd, nd, iname, o):
>   File "C:\leo.repo\leo-editor\leo\test\scriptFile.py", line 102, in
> seen_already
>     nd.b = up.get_UNL(with_file=True, with_proto=True)
> AttributeError: 'VNodeBase' object has no attribute 'get_UNL'

Something to do with the switch (yesterday or whenever) from position
based tree building, very slow for large objects like `c`, to vnode
based tree building, fast even for large objects.

Probably just needs a vnode -> position lookup for that case, getting
an UNL for a loop in the structure.

> >To introspect things not part of Leo, execute your code in the

I realized you can just introspect `c.vs` to find `myThing`, no need to
type `c.vs['myThing']`.

> ​I am going to think about the implications of all this. I find all
> such browsers kinda scary, but perhaps I am just an odd duck...I
> never, ever, think about programs at this low level.  If I want to
> know the ivars defined in a class, for instance, I look in the ctor.

But then you miss all the stuff glued to c after the ctor, which might
be just as well :-), it's a long list.

Will have a quick poke at those bugs.