Hi,

I've just started using Leo for its amazing outlining ability, to take
notes, and such at first.  I do hope to use it to organize source code
projects, but do have some uncertainties.

I'm so-far understanding the differentiation between @file (with sentinels
I believe, as there seems to have been naming changing of the actions of
these nodes over the years between 2008 and today that I've read in search
history of the archive)
But, do have a curious question with regard to this potential scenario.

I would like to be able to copy a single .leo file somewhere, and then have
any related 'real files' (for lack of better term) be re-created out of
content already contained within the .leo file be re-created upon import or
something of this nature.

Say I need to make 'real files' for a source project. but I want to simply
ship the single leo file around without requiring an archiver that properly
understands things like file permissions, long file names, capitalization,
etc. Then, when Leo opens this file, it creates all the 'real files' again
from the content it still then keeps within the leo file. Any save of the
node, saves the corresponding 'real file'. Any editing of the 'real file'
can be then reimported back into the leo file. Somehow.

Is anything like this described above, available today?

What is your optimal scenario for sharing a "project" that includes many
files, without using some sort of good archiver (yes, tar is good; tar is
also sticky and opaque for people with windows computers sometimes)?

My use-case is that I want to keep a single .leo file synchronized as I
physically move around to different computers. I'm using Syncthing.  But, I
don't want to have to rely on Syncthing to sync -trees- of files; just a
single file, that then can repopulate a tree.

I'm open to any suggestions you may have!

Mike