On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Viktor Ransmayr <viktor.ransm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Any progress report or status update available?
>>>

>> ​I plan to start fixing bugs soon, especially those that prevent people
>> from using or installing Leo.  I would like to get all scheduled issues
>> fixed by late November.

​Here are the bugs assigned to 5.4
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen%20is%3Aissue%20label%3ABug%20-label%3ACan%27tFix>.
Work on the bugs is going so well that I am thinking of releasing 5.4b1 as
soon as they are all fixed, perhaps later this month.

The last major item is #303
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/303>, merging the VR
plugin. It will take several days, at least. It might delay 5.4
significantly.

Imo, few if any of the enhancement assigned to 5.4
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen%20is%3Aissue%20milestone%3A5.4%20-label%3ABug>
are important enough to delay 5.4. I might do some easy ones. The rest will
be reassigned to 5.5.