Hello

I have a ~/.leo/myLeoSettings.leo file in which I specify some shortcuts
under:

@settings-->@keys-->@shortcuts

specifically:

toggle-active-pane  = Ctrl-Tab
simple-send-text = Ctrl-Alt-q
ipython-send-text = Ctrl-Alt-z
leoscreen-get-line = Ctrl-Alt-s

these work as expected in a leo outline (which happens to be "@string
default_leo_file = ~/leos/main.leo") but in a second outline, Ctrl-Alt-z
and Ctrl-Alt-q generate special characters in the body test pane instead of
calling the desired leo commands:

Ctrl-Alt-z: male symbol (couldn't copy and paste to here)

Ctrl-Alt-a: filled triangle like an arrow head pointing right

How can I ensure the leo shortcuts work in all outlines? I have also tried
copying the @settings-->@keys-->@shortcuts into the problem outline but
without success. If I create a new leo, the shortcut keys have this special
character problem, yet "main.leo" works as expected.

thanks for all the hard work and innovation,

David W.

    PS
Leo 5.4-devel, build 20160722143100, Fri, Jul 22, 2016  2:31:00 PM
Git repo info: branch = master, commit = ded4858f6341
Python 2.7.12, PyQt version 5.5.1