I was under the impression (possibly mistaken) that vr3 was the future and
that vr + vr2 were headed for the attic. So now would be a good time to
summarise the actual feature sets or differentiating features of vr, vr2
and vr3. I think this will help in reviewing any convincing reasons.

Updating the plugins documentation and
http://leoeditor.com/plugins.html#viewrendered-py to keep users aware of
PyQt5 issues would be helpful.
Terry made a proposal
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/leo-editor/6EVF4Rw8o_I> to include
python/Qt compatibility and maintenance status in the docstrings.

*Re: 2. Most people will strongly prefer one or the other.*
It should be quite clear to users which VR version is actively supported or
parked in the attic

*Re: 4. Keeping the plugins separate will allow independent development.*
It should be clear and documented why different VR's are being kept alive
for development.

Regards
Lewis