On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The zip file's name contains the commit hash, so the user can find out the
> exact version. Isn't that enough? I don't want write any more code to deal
> with this issue.

I just tried downloading the master.zip from github; the only version
info I see is that this is supposed to be "5.4-b1" inside of
PKG-INFO.TXT.

Checking the actual 'master' on github shows that leoApp.py was the
latest modified file, and yes indeed, this is in the zip(after
extracting):
-rw-r--r-- 1 mike users 148K Oct 16 16:34 ./leo/core/leoApp.py

The current git hash is e09c486741b587508314dddff90bfc368c3af8f0
Searching for both the beginning, and end, (as I'm really not sure
what the 'short' hashes are, either the beginning or end..)

mike@odin ~/leo-editor-master $ grep -r 3af8f0 *
mike@odin ~/leo-editor-master $ grep -r e09c48 *
mike@odin ~/leo-editor-master $

Where exactly am I supposed to be looking that I'm unable to find this
version/commit of the master?

Or do I misunderstand?

Thanks,

Mike