My job has me primarily stuck SSHing into workstations remotes over not so
great connections, so -X forwarding is not really an option. A lot of this
is manually processing data with in-house tools and workflow automation
tasks.

As a result I've been primarily been stuck with CLI only editors. My
obvious choice is between vim and emacs. I used to use vim but I feel like
I've recently groked emacs so I'm using that now.

Regardless. I am desperate and saddened by not having Leo. I so badly
desire to walk through code in a proper outline. As many know emacs has Org
mode but it is too "bulky" for trying to emulate what Leo does. I have some
intuition that built-in to the core of emacs are all the tools necessary to
create a "Leo-mode" but I certainly don't have the time right now to
investigate. Long term, I'm trying to contemplate if it would be easier to
write a limited CLI front-end for Leo or if it would be easier to write a
limited Leo style outlining mode in emacs. They both seem daunting.

I'm not trying to manipulate anyone into somehow getting Leo onto the
command line. I'm just reporting in from deep on the front lines as
somebody who loves and appreciates Leo and misses it sorely.