On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 3:58:49 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

Yesterday was, mostly, a long digression into portability, installation and
> debugging issues. Not fun. These diversions are a great way to kill
> enthusiasm.

Importing urwid works in windows with 2/3.  On Linux, urwid is installed in
home/local.../site-packages (python 2) which is on the path, and on
/usr/local.../dist-packages (python 3), which isn't on my path.  This kind
of thing is wearing me out.

Also, on Linux, pip is screaming at me to upgrade to 9.0.1, even after I
have done so.

So I would like to try urwid on Windows, but neither pudb nor winpdb seem
to work on Windows, due to problems with fctrl on Windows.  Can *nobody*
simulate fctrl (pipes) on Windows?? Some days I am just fed up with it
all...

For now, the way forward will be to duplicate the npyscreen code in urwid
on Windows.  I don't need a debugger for that.  Then we'll see about *dashed
*Linux install paths...