On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 13:42:50 -0500
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Terry Brown <terrynbr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> @color trailing_whitespace_color = black
> >

> ​Works for me.  I like this feature.  Is there any way to make the
> dots larger, or change the background to make them show up more?
> They are a bit hard on my eyes.

For me making them red makes then easy to see.

Otherwise the code uses **half** of your 'dots' hack for continued
strings.  It uses the second half, applying dots if the tag name
starts with 'dots' (your original code) or is 'trailing_whitespace' (my
new code).  It also acts as a regular colorizer "Leo rule", to get its
own color.

To fix the not shown in comments bug I think it needs to use the first
half of your dots hack as well, haven't got time to look at that right
now.

Finally, to make it easier to see, you could maybe change the style
from DotLine to SolidLine, not sure that can be done by stylesheet
though, probably needs a @setting.