Sort of off topic, but my preferred way of using passwords is

pw = open("~/.some_password").read()

or, if you prefer

with open(os.path.expanduser(os.path.join("~", ".some_password")) as pw
    pw = pw.read()

which is always safe to include in distributed code.

Although plain text passwords in files in your home folder aren't great
practice, it's not an uncommon practice.  I've also dealt with having
to re-write a git history to remove passwords, that's something you
want to avoid.

Cheers -Terry