On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 4:33:45 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:30 PM, vitalije <vitali...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If we want Leo to be more often used as preferable IDE for other projects,
>> I believe one of the crucial problems we have to properly solve is this
>> one.
>>

> ‚ÄčI agree.  When I awoke I saw the solution. See #540: Create an
> update-this-leo-file command.
> <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/540>

I'd like to emphasize that #540 is only a suggestion. Vitalije, please free
to design the command as you like, including the command's name and what it
does.  Perhaps two commands would be good: one to update the subsidiary
file, and one to update the master file. I'll leave everything to your
discretion.

While Leo's core should be free of special cases, that restriction does not
apply to commands. Leo's core should not mandate any particular
organization of outlines, but commands routinely use special outline nodes.