> ‚ÄčI see exactly the behaviour you describe.  In particular, ‚Äčthe following
> works from a Windows console:

Glad to see that I'm not the only one with this kind of weird problems with
pythonw. If you remember, I had already previously seen differences in the
way Leo was printing messages to the Log pane when used with pythonw in
respect to using python. So there seems to be something hidden there...
quite difficult to detect!

For the record, in this case I have removed ALL my python installations and
reinstalled a fresh new Anaconda 4.4.0 installation (Python 3.6.1) from
scratch, but the problem persists.

Is there an easy way to get Console output logs when using pythonw? I would
like to compare the logs between using pythonw and using python to see
where does exactly the former exit.

Xavier