I ran across this free course in this New York Times article
<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/education/edlife/learning-how-to-learn-barbara-oakley.html>.

The actual course is here
<https://www.coursera.org/learn/learning-how-to-learn>. After two days, I
am now on week three of four ;-).

Like you, I have been fairly successful at learning. Learning is one of my
greatest pleasures. But now I see how little I actually knew about learning
and how inefficient I have been at studying.

Imo, you are crazy if you don't take this course ;-) There is a ton of
great material here.

I am now revisiting one of my greatest failures in life, a crash trying to
learn abstract algebra. Now I am studying Visual Group Theory
<https://www.maa.org/press/ebooks/visual-group-theory>, along with the
techniques from the course. I am full of confidence now. Don't worry, it
only takes 25 minutes a day...