El 14/08/2017 a las 19:24, lewis escribió:
Is npyscreen actually required? If I do a pip list in my site-packages folder, npyscreen is not installed, yet Leo console works fine for me with Curses 2.2 installed.

Here is proposed documentation for addition to
Leo’s Console Gui http://leoeditor.com/console-gui.html

Leo's Console minimal dependencies are:

    Python 2.6 or later, including all Python 3.x versions.
    Curses

For windows, download and install curses from
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#curses
and then install using pip
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Thanks lewis, this worked! It would be great to have this mini-guide added to the docs.

I can confirm that npyscreen installation is in fact not required.

I've seen two minor details, though:

1. Mouse clicks do not work at all to switch nodes for me (At least,
   not as is suggested in the docs). I'm using ConEmu, may it be due to
   this?
2. Some error messages are shown regarding the backlink plugin

The first error message of the backlink plugin shows this (highlighted) line:

and then the Traceback, which I finally was able to print in another console using the hack explained at Broadcast and Listening <http://leoeditor.com/console-gui.html#id5>:

   pr: Traceback (most recent call last):
pr: File "c:\dev\Leo-5.4\leo\core\leoPlugins.py", line 341, in callTagHandler
   pr:     result = handler(tag, keywords)
pr: File "c:\dev\Leo-5.4\leo\plugins\backlink.py", line 961, in onCreate
   pr:     backlinkController(c)
pr: File "c:\dev\Leo-5.4\leo\plugins\backlink.py", line 105, in __init__
   pr:     self.loadLinksInt()
pr: File "c:\dev\Leo-5.4\leo\plugins\backlink.py", line 454, in loadLinksInt
   pr:     self.showMessage('Link info. loaded on %d nodes' % len(idsSeen))
pr: File "c:\dev\Leo-5.4\leo\plugins\backlink.py", line 639, in showMessage
   pr:     self.ui.showMessage(msg, color=color)
   pr: AttributeError: 'backlinkController' object has no attribute 'ui'

I suppose that this is the expected behaviour, but a backlink exception is thrown *everytime I move from one node to another*.

Would it be possible to have the backlink plugin "simply" completely refuse to install (load) when it detects that there's no ui in the first place so no other errors are shown after that? Or do you think that the plugin could be fixed to work with the console gui?

Thanks,

Xavier