On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 1:01 AM, derwisch <
johannes.hues...@med.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> I am trying to install Leo on my 32bit Intel machine running Debian
> Stretch, with Python 2.7.13 installed. I downloaded the latest sources
> using git clone. Then I tried to install Leo typring
> cd ~/leo-5.5 sudo python setup.py install
> and got the error message "cd: Too many arguments".

​Big sigh.  setup.py causes a lot of confusion. It's not your fault :-)

Leo does not have to be installed on Linux.  Just put the unpacked leo
folder anywhere you like.  Then, you just run python launchLeo.py
--gui=qttabs.  As always, it's a good idea to create aliases to make this
easier.

Does that help?