On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 12:56 PM, <rvn...@tesco.net> wrote:

> I think that the suggested method of installing anaconda is not the
> optimal way to facilitate this;

​I mostly disagree, as I have just explained in another reply.

5) a setup.py is the standard way of installing a python program and used
> by distribution-specific install-scripts that enable keeping track of what
> is installed. Pip makes this more obscure so that it is important that a
> setup.py file is present and up-to-date

​Leo is an app, not a python package.  I would like to see setup.py
disappear completely.  Perhaps Matt has already done that as a result ​of
his work creating a linux package.

> What is important is that configuration on a linux system can become more
> straightforward than it currently is, that is via use of the leoSettings.

​I agree.  That's why putting @button nodes in workbook.leo is a good idea.

​Edward​