Hi Matt,

I'm testing the pip3 install leo process.
I prepared my system, simulating a new system with a pip uninstall for both
PyQt5 and docutils from my python folder, then:
> pip3 install leo

It seems to be a developers version of Leo and certainly installed all the
required packages. Here is the tail end of the install log:
[snip]
Installing collected packages: pyflakes, requests-toolbelt, pkginfo, tqdm,
twine, docutils, pywin32-ctypes, keyring, babel, imagesize,
snowballstemmer, sphinxcontrib-websupport, alabaster, sphinx, pypandoc,
PyQt5, leo
Successfully installed PyQt5-5.9.2 alabaster-0.7.10 babel-2.5.1
docutils-0.14 imagesize-0.7.1 keyring-10.5.0 leo-5.7.dev406 pkginfo-1.4.1
pyflakes-1.6.0 pypandoc-1.4 pywin32-ctypes-0.1.2 requests-toolbelt-0.8.0
snowballstemmer-1.2.1 sphinx-1.6.5 sphinxcontrib-websupport-1.0.1
tqdm-4.19.5 twine-1.9.1

c:\~\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36>

So I just typed leo at my ConsoleZ window and Leo appears! That’s great.
I did begin to wonder if anything was working though, so maybe it would be
nice for users to have a simple feedback message like ‘starting leo’ even
if just a glimpse.
Ah, now I understand what leoc is for. I'll add some notes about the log in
console feature.
"LaunchLeo.py is not needed at all after installing with pip." And it
doesn't work; so I won't refer to it in the pip install instructions.

Here is leo log:
Leo Log Window
Leo 5.6, build 20171213015234, Wed Dec 13 01:52:34 CST 2017
Git repo info: branch = master, commit = a5e1e740e704
Python 3.6.4, PyQt version 5.9.3

Does the build match what you would expect installing from the pypi release?

Regards
Lewis