On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 7:21 AM, Dev Eloper <ac.marketsc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have undo granularity set to "word".  According to the embedded docs,
> this should occasionally trigger "
> ​​
> recognizeStartOfTypingWord".
>
> I want to modify this function so that undo act's a bit for familiar to me
> (i.e. Notepad++), but it never gets called.  Any tips?

​I did not write this code, and have no knowledge of it.  There is exactly
one call to
​recognizeStartOfTypingWord, in the section:

<< set newBead if the change does not continue a word >>​

The code starts out this way:

if old_start != old_end or new_start != new_end:
    # The new and old characters are not contiguous.
    newBead = True
else:
    # code that calls ​​recognizeStartOfTypingWord.

This is all I know.  I would recommend adding this call:

    g.trace(old_start, old_end, new_start, new_end)

above to see what is happening.  Please let us know what you discover.