On Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 1:40:22 PM UTC-6, Joe Orr wrote:

Not sure I understand what you mean by use browser as graphics backend,
> just wanted to note that it is definitely possible to make a desktop app
> with browser technology (Electron).  Just need to wrap the backend in node.

I have just created #684: Create a browser gui for Leo
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/684>. This issue explains
how to use browser technology in a desktop version of Leo. Most of the
steps apply to *any *gui for Leo.

As this year's work on the console gui shows, it is possible to create a
new gui for Leo without changing Leo's core in *any *significant way.  This
makes a browser gui for Leo feasible.  Only the gui code itself will be
aware of web/LeoVue technology.  The rest of Leo will remain as a pure
python desktop application.