On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 12:11:19 PM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> This is totally unacceptable.

Heh.  This has turned into a lucky break.

I replaced both Anaconda2 and Anaconda3 with (32-bit) Miniconda3.  I chose
32-bit so that the spell checker will work.

I created python2 and python3 environments within Miniconda3, using
activate to switch between them.  I'll define a2 and a3 abbreviations for
`activate -n python2` and `activate -n python3` :-)

This is great stuff, because now I only need one version of scripts--they
just work in whatever environment is in effect.  So another "sclerosis" has
been fixed.  All scripts should work in all environments, and I can create
as many environments as I like.

The only strange thing so far is that the Miniconda installer recommended
*not* putting Miniconda3 on the path.  Actually, it's essential to do so,
unless you use the Miniconda console.  And you have to put both Miniconda3
and Miniconda3/scripts on the path.

I've just started to install packages.  I'll report any glitches here for
future reference.