Duolingo <https://www.duolingo.com/>is a free, online way to learn a
language.  It has some advantages over Rosetta Stone, besides price.

It's fairly easy to avoid the illusion of competence, provided you follow
the "Deepen" buttons.

Using Duolingo in high school would have changed my life. I am now studying
French and Spanish. You can take as many as you like.

I took a peek at the Chinese and Greek courses to see how they handle
non-roman alphabets.  The two courses are very different, with Greek
requiring you install the Greek language package right from the get go.

There is plenty of support available, most easily accessible, as always,
via google. A google search indicates that there is support for
microphones, though that is not obvious initially.