The convention that the first comment of an issue should be edited freely
to keep it up to date has been a spectacular success.  Imo, it has
increased my energy level significantly.

There are two more improvements that come to mind:

1. Backup.

Some issues have first comments that represent a significant amount of
work.  I shall be making backup entries, probably in LeoDocs.leo, to ensure
that editing blunders don't lose data permanently.

2. Editing discussions within issues.

It is natural to respond via email to discussions, but the GitHub issue
tracker doesn't handle such threads very well.  Markdown is not supported
in email replies, and email replies look worse than other comments.

The solution is to edit threads within issues.  I have just done so for Summary
of installing zerorpc on Windows
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/701>.  I like the result.
The Q&A is short and clear.  Don't panic: Your email client will retain the
entire conversation, should you ever want it, which is highly unlikely ;-)

Imo, it's best to make the edits in the comment that started a thread. That
way the OP will be retained and markdown can be used.

In future I will edit all important issue conversations.  Feel free to make
edits yourself.