On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 1:46 PM, David Szent-Györgyi <das...@gmail.com>
wrote:

To my knowledge, none of us earn a living working on Leo and related
> projects, which means leveraging pre-existing code saves one the effort of
> reimplementing that.

​Heh.  This is likely a valid principle even for commercial enterprises.

Electron may prove to be immensely useful for Leo and related projects such
> as a desktop application made from LeoVue.
>
> Since I have no experience writing code for node.js or for Electron, I
> looked up Electron's guide on security
> <https://electronjs.org/docs/tutorial/security>, which is worth
> consideration.

​I linked to this page myself earlier somewhere.  It's scary.  Some
approaches may be scarier than others.  Terry's local server code might
mitigate these problems, or not.