On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:01:27 PM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

We can see the problem in the electron "hello world" javascript code.  The
> importer fails to recognize these two event handlers:
>
> app.on('window-all-closed', () => {
>   // whatever
> })
>
> app.on('activate', () => {
>   // whatever
> })
>
> The fault lies in js_i.starts_block.  It only recognizes the start of a
> function if a line that increases the { level *also* contains the word
> "function".  Clearly, it should use a more sophisticated pattern matcher.
>

> In general, recognizing js functions is hard because there are many ways
> to start functions/methods in javascript.

Well, it's no good whinging about javascript syntax. Invention is required.

js_i.starts_block return True if the line should start a new node.  It
might more profitably look for lines that *don't/can't* start a function.
But this seems like a dubious idea now that I look into it.

In the example given above, looking for '=>' would work...