On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 2:07:26 PM UTC-6, Jacob MacDonald wrote:

I'm on devel, not detached.

What's the error message?

Here's what I did:

>git push

 ! [rejected]        devel -> devel (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to
'https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor'
hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is behind
hint: its remote counterpart. Integrate the remote changes (e.g.
hint: 'git pull ...') before pushing again.

> git pull

Already up-to-date.

> git pull --rebase

First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
Applying: Added Matt's instructions for creating a Python wheel for Leo
Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
M       leo/core/commit_timestamp.json
Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
Auto-merging leo/core/commit_timestamp.json
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in leo/core/commit_timestamp.json
error: Failed to merge in the changes.
Patch failed at 0001 Added Matt's instructions for creating a Python wheel
for Leo
The copy of the patch that failed is found in: .git/rebase-apply/patch

When you have resolved this problem, run "git rebase --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git rebase --skip" instead.
To check out the original branch and stop rebasing, run "git rebase --abort"
.

> git status

rebase in progress; onto 6c2eef2
You are currently rebasing branch 'devel' on '6c2eef2'.
  (fix conflicts and then run "git rebase --continue")
  (use "git rebase --skip" to skip this patch)
  (use "git rebase --abort" to check out the original branch)

Changes to be committed:
  (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

        modified:   leo/dist/leoDist.leo

Unmerged paths:
  (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
  (use "git add <file>..." to mark resolution)

        both modified:   leo/core/commit_timestamp.json

And now I'm stuck.  Nothing works from here.

I think I'll back up recently changed files and do a clean clone.