> Probably minor, but I see todo.py icons aren't rendering, and
> multi-node selection isn't enabled.
>
> Thanks for the report, I didn't use neither todo.py nor multi-node
selection.  I'll try to fix it.

Comparing Outline -> Expand All on LeoPyRef.leo on 768-new-tree and
> master I expected Leo to get really laggy with the old code, but it
> didn't really - new code might have been slightly faster, but nothing
> super noticeable.

I can't say that I see big speed improvements. New code is not yet
optimized because there are no proper notifications from the model. Vnodes
don't report any activity on them and in many cases when it is not clear
what exactly has been changed, safest thing to do is to redraw lot of
nodes. I am working on this issue too. Making vnodes able to emit
notifications to all interested parties about what exactly has changed will
greatly reduce amount of unnecessary redrawing and that is where I expect
greater speed boost to come.

Thanks for testing.
Vitalije

PS: I won't be able to work on this in the next two days