On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 6:52 PM, Terry Brown <terrynbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Bottom line I think pickle's a bad format for anything except transient
> serialization

​Let's google "python alternative to pickle":

First hit: Don't Pickle Your Data
<http://www.benfrederickson.com/dont-pickle-your-data/>. The
recommendation: just use json. Pickle is slow, python-centric and is a
security risk. I googled "python to json" which yields python's json module

I have just created #800: Replace pickle with json everywhere in Leo

Imo, this is a high priority item.  It should have been done long ago.
Terry, do you agree?

I switch frequently, and see this a lot.

​Interesting.  I never see this.  It's fallen off my radar.