So-called *common* @button/@command nodes are defined in the
@buttons/@settings trees in myLeoSettings.leo.  These appear in all
outlines. Their corresponding script can be executed anywhere.

Unlike @button and @button scripts defined in individual files, *common
scripts do not update automatically*.  You must restart Leo for changes to
common scripts to take effect.

Long ago Kent asked that common @button/@command scripts *would* update
dynamically.  After considerable work, I declared in #171
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/171> that this was a bad
idea.

I now see that it is quite a good idea.  Alas, it's still not likely to
happen. #171 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/171> tells
why. Dynamic update would require opening myLeoSettings.leo whenever such
buttons (or commands) were executed.  Iirc, I tried opening
myLeoSettings.leo in a null gui, but that was far from a complete solution.

I have recently grown quite fond of using common @command nodes to define
test commands.  I'll still use them, but I'll have to be wary about
changing them.